Molds are microscopic members of the fungus family. They are found virtually everywhere in our environment, both indoors and outdoors.
Molds release innumerable lightweight spores, which in most instances eventually become airborne and travel to other destinations. These destinations then can become mold infested and sometimes toxic.
Mold is a form of fungus that can invade the body and create many health problems. Molds produce allergens and irritants that can cause some individuals to experience symptoms of hay fever. These include sneezing, runny nose, skin rashes, irritated eyes, as well as nose, throat, and lung ailments.
Many toxic molds produce poisonous substances which have the potential to cause serious health issues.
Mycotoxins found in mold have been proven to be present indoors with victims suffering from:
Other symptoms that have been associated with mold:
Two conditions are essential for mold to grow: water and food (eg. wood, drywall). In the presence of heat and humidity above 50% mold proliferates rapidly. Depending on the circumstances, mold can become established in as little as 48 hours.
1. Clean the moldy surface
2. Fix the underlying cause
Once mold has begun to grow it’s not enough to just take away the mold’s moisture source. Mold that runs out of moisture can lie dormant for a long time without dying. So if you already have mold growth in your home you need to take steps to remove it.
- Please wear rubber gloves when eradicating mold to avoid contact with mold spores
- Prepare area to be treated by removing excess soil or dirt from surface.
- Spray on ZeroMold. It must come into direct contact with the mold to be effective.
- After a minimum of five minutes, scrub area with a brush or similar cleaning utensil then wipe off with a cloth soaked in ZeroMold to remove residue.
- Do not dilute ZeroMold. Test a small amount of ZeroMold on a hidden area. Wipe away any stains immediately. Do not overspray. Wipe off excess after a minimum 5 minutes. Repeat treatment as needed.
- Please note that while ZeroMold kills mold on contact, it will not remove some pre-existing mold stains. Remove mold stains by scrubbing or scraping.
ZeroMold contains 0.12% by volume Calcium Hydroxide in solution with 0.125% by volume Sodium Hypochlorite which makes it the most effective natural means of killing mold.
Material Data Safety Sheet is on our website.
Calcium Hydroxide punctures the mold spore and allowing the Sodium Hypochlorite to kill the mold at the spore level and preventing re-growth.
ZeroMold 946mL spray bottle is ideal for small areas such as showers, kitchens, boats, and cars, coving areas from 10-20 sq.ft. depending on application method and surface absorbency.
For larger areas ZeroMold 4L covers 200 – 400 sq.ft., and ZeroMold 10L covers 2000 – 4000 sq. ft.
ZeroMold is a fungicidal disinfectant, virucide and bactericide and can be used to effectively clean a wide range of hard non-porous surfaces. ZeroMold is effective inside or outside and can be used in homes, offices, schools, cars, boats, RVs and on drywall, plaster, wood, plastic, stone, concrete or tile.
Zeromold environmentally friendly and when used as a cleaning product does not require protective clothing. However, cleaning and removing mold may increase the amount of spores or other substances in the air, exposing you to direct skin contact with mold. Hence, the following items should be considered to protect yourself when cleaning mold:
- Wear a disposable particulate respirator, safety goggles and household rubber gloves.
- Isolation of the area to be cleaned is usually not necessary for small areas. However, such measures should be considered if sensitive individuals live or are near the affected area.
- Isolation measures include closing of doors and taping the seams, or using plastic sheeting taped to walls and ceiling.
- Infants and other family members suffering from asthma, allergies or other health problems should not be in the work area or adjacent room during the cleaning.
- An exhaust fan blowing out of a window in the room being cleaned to the outside will help prevent contamination of other areas of the house as well as provide ventilation.
What should I do if I get ZeroMold in my Eyes?
Flush eyes with water for 15 minutes.
What should I do if I get ZeroMold on my skin?
Wash contaminated area with water; may cause minor rash or irritation.
What should I do if I swallow ZeroMold?
Dilute by drinking 2 glasses of milk or water, followed by fruit juices or diluted vinegar to neutralize the alkali.
What should I do if I inhale ZeroMold?
Remove to fresh air.